Judy's Desk...Ramblings on Life

I love to do so many things: I crochet, read, and I also write. I believe that it's the act of writing that makes me a writer, not my published works. This blog is a record of my often meandering path as I try and follow my muse.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

The short version: crocheting and books...as necessary to my life as breathing!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My memories of 9/11/01

I was home in Central NJ....TV off for a change. DH was on the road. A friend called asking where he was....after learning he wasn't in NYC he told me what had happened. I fell to my knees in tears when I saw the TV coverage and immediately called my DH. Life was never the same. For 3 days no more overhead planes coming in to Newark Airport. That morning I had my first sight of a military jet darting in the sky overhead as it banked, flying cover over NYC. The smell of the smoke in our yard and some embers landing from across the bay separating us from lower Manhattan. And the worse thing - the screams of my 20-something son as he came down later in the morning and I told him - and the agony in his voice as he yelled "Mike is up there!" His best friend was on the top floors and suffered an agonizing death with all of the others at Cantor Fitzgerald.
I hope NO ONE ever forgets what happened that day. Maybe it takes having been in those buildings as I was or knowing people such as Mike who died and others who almost died that day to feel so strongly - I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


American Christian Fiction Writers